doctoral thesis example
Yes, I’d like to receive Word of the Day emails from YourDictionary.com
The thesis must first be uploaded electronically for plagiarism checking.
Within one week after the upload you need to submit the following documents to the SSC Physics:
- certificates of all completed courses specified at the doctoral thesis agreement (changes to the doctoral thesis agreement must be recorded in the annual reports)
- 3 copies of the hardbound doctoral thesis
- submission of the doctoral thesis (form SL/D6)
- signed upload confirmation of the electronic submission
- student record sheet (can be printed out via U:SPACE)
- letter of admission (if any exists)
The dissertation is the capstone piece of the PhD education. It represents an independent and original piece of scholarship and demonstrates the doctoral candidate’s mastery of both content material and the research process. Doctoral candidates complete their dissertation after finishing coursework, passing their comprehensive exams and receiving approval for their thesis proposal from their dissertation committee.
Students work closely with their PhD supervisor and committee while conducting their PhD research and in writing the dissertation. The final product typically consists of three article-length chapters, an introduction and a conclusion.