graduate school thesis
Please use Grammarly on your Thesis or Dissertation prior to submitting it to the Thesis Office for review. Using Grammarly can speed up the approval of your manuscript and make the Thesis Release process smoother and more efficient.
The purchase of Grammarly Premium is meant to assist students’ writing throughout their graduate research careers. Premium benefits include
These guidelines provide students at Vanderbilt University with essential information about how to prepare and submit theses and dissertations in a format acceptable to the Graduate School. You can either explore the guidelines by topic below or review the complete Format Guidelines document.
The Vanderbilt Libraries have recently implemented VIREO, an Electronic Thesis & Dissertation review and submission system for the Graduate School. The Graduate School requires electronic submission of all theses and dissertations through this new platform. Format reviews now occur within the VIREO submission process. If you have questions or would like an in-person format review, contact administrators.
Be sure to read the list of requirements thoroughly before you begin, and check the list carefully before you submit.
Ready to start applying for grants and awards? The IU GradGrants Center (GGC) can help. It offers numerous workshops plus one-on-one assistance to all grad students—and it’s free!
- to show students resources for research approval and understanding of copyright
- to demonstrate how to use iThenticate to validate the work
- to outline the approval process
- to ensure that theses and dissertations conform to the formatting requirements of the University of Tennessee
- to provide guidance in submitting the work to Trace
- to simplify the completion of the Survey of Earned Doctorates
- to explain the policies around the public availability of theses and dissertations
For all doctoral candidates and many master’s candidates, the creation of the dissertation or thesis is the capstone of their graduate career and signifies the completion of the requirements for graduation. The Graduate School will help students in this process to keep it as smooth and worry-free as possible. The Thesis/Dissertation Consultant is available to assist in many areas:
- Fully explain and demonstrate all document format requirements and technical specifications in the context of your unique document.
- Review your documentation style and citation format.
- Describe the electronic submission process step by step.
- Point you to sources of additional help when needed.
These pages provide all the resources you need to prepare and submit your thesis or dissertation according to Graduate School requirements. Should you need further assistance, you may contact the Thesis Office by email, phone or in person. Here are some of the ways we can help you: