what does cs mean in writing
A good business letter is always written with the reader in mind. The writer considers:
- Who will be reading the letter?
- What does the reader already know?
- What does the reader need to know?
- What does the reader need to do?
Knowing the 5 Cs of business writing can help you write effective letters.
Your letter should be:
- CLEAR: Make sure your purpose and intent is clear to the reader.
- COMPLETE: Include all the necessary information.
- CONCISE: Include only necessary and relevant information.
- COURTEOUS: Address the reader politely.
- CORRECT: Unscramble this sentence.