apa dissertation definition of terms example
Your thesis proposal will likely include terms that are not widely known outside of your discipline. These terms include particular theoretical constructs, formulas, operational definitions that differ from colloquial definitions, schools of thought and discipline-specific acronyms. This part of your proposal offers the reader a list of definitions of these terms.
- How you define such terms could considerably affect how the reader understands your thesis
- Be sure you use these terms in a consistent fashion throughout your proposal and thesis
The Dissertation Template includes:
- Table of contents with hyperlinks to particular chapters
- Page numbering (including roman numeral front matter)
- Reference examples
- Average word count per section
- Chapters 1-5 guidelines
- APA 6th Edition formatting
- Automatic Bookmarks (clickable to section)
- Definition of terms
To save yourself some time in making your Table of Contents, be sure that you use font styles.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the information on this page or this site. Email us at nglthesis @shsu.edu .
This article has been viewed 98,426 times.
This article was co-authored by Alexander Peterman, MA. Alexander Peterman is a Private Tutor in Florida. He received his MA in Education from the University of Florida in 2017.